Monday, December 17, 2007

my life in Auckland,New Zealand

Hi everyone.

In a previous post,Shaun was asking me to describe a bit on my life in Auckland,New Zealand.Well,it's a really long story,but I'll cut it short to avoid boredome.

I'm not going to lie,I do enjoy studying in Auckland,but I'm not all excited about it.I do not know the specific reasons for that.I think maybe Auckland wasn't my choice to study in.I was actually hoping for Christchurch.However,only University of Auckland has my prefered course but not Christchurch.So,since that's the case,I have to study in Auckland.Secondly,maybe it's because of my college.I don't really like my college because there's some sort of bias treated to certain students which makes me even lost interest to study in Auckland.Thirdly,the cost of living in Auckland is very high because it's a big city.

However,those can be considered my 'downs' in my life.If there's downs,there must be up.I made with really nice friends there.We're really close like siblings.Besides that,teachers in my college were really nice.Too bad the non academic stuff wasn't as friendly as what they do during the first few weeks of college.

I stayed in a student apartment for the year.It's 3 times bigger than your house storeroom.It's just basically a room of my own provided with basic facilities (desk,chair,study lamp,bed,cupboard,heater).I shared kitchen and toilet with my flatmate.So,basically only 2 person in an apartment with 2 separated rooms.

I've met some SJS seniors and a St3 girl there.Hehehe....Those SJS seniors are Roger Bobson,who's under JPA studying mechanical engineering and Viveon Tan,who's under Petronas studying chemical engineering.Who's that st3 girl?..hahaha....It's Abigail Yong.I met her only once throughout the year.I went to Pakuranga to pay her a visit and she brought me to her church to have some fun and I had.HAhaha....thank you Abby for that time.I really appreciate it.

I get lonely and homesick at times.Well,that's pretty natural because it's my first time leaving my family and friends for a long time in a far place.Thanks to the latest technology,I'm able to communicate with them easy and fast.However,internet is quite pricey at NZ but electricity is super cheap.

What do I eat normally?Well,I usually eat 3 meals per day.Sometimes I just eat 2 by skipping lunch.I only eat an apple for lunch for the past few days before the finals are over.Well,an apple a day keeps the doctor away. =P

How's my college timetable?Well,I go to college at 8.30am until 4.30pm.Sometimes I go to college a bit late like 9.40am.From the very last term,my timetable has changed and I usually end at 3.15pm.Monday's the best.Go to college at 8.30am and ends at 10.50am.After that,I can go back!...ahhahaha....I walk to school everyday.If I'm in a hurry or lazy,I'll use the bus.Hehehe...

What do I normally do during my free time?Well,you all won't be believing me when I say it,but it's true.Only 4 things...laptop,sleep,study or walk around the city.I don't watch TV and listen to radio for months because my apartment doesn't provide such facility.Well,there's a TV room down at the ground floor,but it's always been locked up....how am I going to watch movie like that?...doohh!!...

Ok.I think that's basically my life in Auckland for my foundation year.Depressing life eh?...hahahah....well,that's what i did and I survived!...hehehe...ah well,that's all from me now.See you and take care...if yoy have any further questions or advice or suggestions,do not hesitate to ask.Thank you.


From,
Chan Kok Ann ( Kelvin )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home