Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Miscellany

Today started off as usual in the hot, humid conditions caused by the haze. Bloody Kalimantans and their poverty-forced method of farming! Anyway, during PE, Philip broke/dislocated his left ring finger. Thankfully, he was quickly sent to the hospital. One thing of note I would like to add was the apparent reluctance of nearby Red Crescent or St. John Ambulance members going to his aid. Aren't they supposed to be trained in First Aid? If you hesitate during emergencies, I personally don't think you're fit to be a medic.

That aside, reminders:
1)History handout homework
2)Physics homework. I think the Essays and the Structure questions seems to be for the Lower 6-ers, however. Can anyone corroborate this? And read up on Chapter 4, Form 5. Apparently there's a test tomorrow
3)BM Essay, due Friday
4)Apparently, we're supposed to wear masks tomorrow, to throw off Pn. Goh and maybe other teachers. So get a mask if it's possible
5)Bring your Maths exercise book and a 50-sen coin tomorrow

5 Comments:

At 3:39 pm, August 17, 2006, Blogger Ah Chan said...

Shaun ah.....you want us to perform miracle kah?We don't have any first aid kid with us,how could we help Phillip with his broken finger?What do you expect us to do?Use leaf or grass help him?It's better to let the experts to help him,which are the doctors in hospital.We only learn the very basic skills.If we were to help Phillip,how if it might become worst seperti tikus baiki labu???We won't take that risk.

 
At 4:40 pm, August 17, 2006, Blogger The SJS DM said...

That wasn't what I meant. What I meant was, you should've taken him straightaway to a teacher instead of waiting for Mr. James to figure out what was happening. I'm not so stupid to think that you could perform miracles. The basic idea is, if you can't do it yourself, send Philip to someone who can. I didn't think that would be hard to figure.

 
At 10:20 pm, August 17, 2006, Blogger The SJS DM said...

First of all, thanks for the medical lesson. That may well be so, but as it was with my first comment, what I wanted to know was why nobody bothered to HELP him, knowing very well that nobody could CURE him.

I quote myself, "The basic idea is, if you can't do it yourself, send Philip to someone who can."

I never said that someone should go and cure Philip. However, I said that someone should help him(in the post).

I quote myself again, "the apparent reluctance of nearby Red Crescent or St. John Ambulance members going to his aid"

Emphasis on the word 'aid'. The Oxford Dictionary defines 'aid' as a noun that means 'help and support'. By definition itself the word 'help' is mentioned, and I quote you, "they can only HELP but not to CURE." So I reiterate my point: since you can't CURE him, HELP bring him to someone who can.

 
At 3:37 pm, August 18, 2006, Blogger Ah Chan said...

Haiya...let's just stop this.Don't ever critisize here and there as it will cause bad impression to the class blog.I thought we have an agreement not to write any criticism about 5A students in our class blog.Last time you've warned Javier not to do so,but and yet you did it again.If someone don't start up the fire,chaos won't happen.If this thing goes on,something really bad is going to happen in the class.You've told me that you've worked very hard to unite the brotherhood and do not want it to break apart.So,I hope you really mark your own word as some of the brothers is a St john and RC member.Please be considerate.So,peace!*preparing to shake your hand* . From now onwards,hopefully this topic is close and let's forgive each other.Thank you.

 
At 5:33 pm, August 18, 2006, Blogger The SJS DM said...

Very well, then, let's leave it at that. I will only apologize for bringing this up, but, I will not apologize for pointing out what is right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home